22 March 2012

Handy Cloud Tools

These nifty tools could save you time or make your online life easier.

Convert Case
http://openclipart.org/detail/67/tools-hammer-spanner-by-andy
http://openclipart.org/detail/67/tools-hammer-spanner-by-andy
Awesome highlighter                 
Writeboard
Visuwords

Let me know what you think.  Do they add value or are they really necessary?  There are so many little tools out in the interweb that it is almost impossible to know which to use in each situation.  Can you have too much of a good thing?

Personally I tend to treat these tools the same way as I would shop.  I browse quickly and make a snap decision - bookmarking all the while.  I can always go back Diigo and revisit. If I still don't fancy it the second time around, I delete the bookmark.

The tools that I do end up using are on high rotation so I only need to start typing the URL and there it is or I add a bookmarklet if one exists.  If I REALLY fancy it I will download a desktop version if one exists.  A great example of this is Evernote - can't live without it.




No comments:

Post a Comment